Didn't get around to posting April Empties, so I'm combining April and May :-) The past couple of months I made some good progress in finishing off some things that have seemed to take ages to use, and I'm really happy to finally see them in an Empties post!! I also tried to finish off a few things sitting in the back of the closet that didn't have much left. And somehow I've managed to not buy that much beauty lately, and have instead tried to focus on clearing out the beauty clutter...here's what I have to show for it...
***All items purchased by me.***
Hair & Body Stuff
1. Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner - I've been using this stuff for a really long time & this is the second set of giant size bottles I've gone through, not to mention the many smaller bottles. These were the ones at the back of the closet I forgot about - you know the ones that are almost empty but I've not been committed enough until lately to get the last bits out) - so I will have another economy set of this in an Empties post soon! Anyway, I love this line from Aveda because it somehow makes a difference in my hair when it's blow dried and I have yet to find a shampoo/conditioner set that gets the same results. But I do have the Beauty Protector Shampoo & Conditioner on hand to try (available at Birchbox.com), so we shall see how it measures up!
2. Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream - I had a sample of this way back when and finally purchased the larger size. It smells soooooo darn good and is very moisturizing and keeps my skin soft. That said it's not quite as moisturizing as my staple CeraVe Cream nor does the moisture last throughout the day (or even the next morning when if I've showered at night). A very nice treat but I probably won't buy it again.
3. CeraVe Cream - Staple that I continue to repurchase.
4. Circ Cell Dew - I absolutely loved this for awhile and was sad when it started to irritate my skin. But then I tried it again and it was great. But then it seemed like it irritated again. Then it didn't. So I'm not exactly sure if it was this or something else??? In the meantime I was annoyed with the back and forth and ended up using the rest of the bottle on my body. For the face, it's a watery-like ph balancer that you use pre serum/moisturizer. It helped with hydration and gave my skin some serious glow! On my body, I used it pre body cream and it definitely added an extra kick of hydration and skin softening powers...and it got me thinking...why don't we use body serums more often...oh yeah...time LOL! I have another bottle of this that I'm working on finishing. I'm using it on my body, but at some point will probably try it on my face again?? I'm a glutton for punishment :-) Mini Review HERE (though I need to go back and edit the edit ha ha).
5. Dr. Hauschka Deodorant - I used a bottle of this up before and like it enough that unfortunately I purchased several backup bottles. And then I discovered Jungleman Deodorant and prefer that because it keeps me a bit drier and I don't have to wait for the it to dry (it's a solid). BUT my previously unused backup bottles of Dr. Hauschka ended up being a good thing!! I've been dealing with adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) for a few months now, and my shoulder motion on one side has been limited to the point where I can't completely reach the opposite shoulder - the Dr. Hauschka has a longer bottle so I can kind of hunch over and hold the end to roll it on. The Jungleman tube is shorter and I can't reach nor do I have the strength enough to rub it in. Sounds weird I know, but trust when I say Dr. Hauschka has been super helpful LOL!
1. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water - Review HERE. Staple item at this point!
2. Rodial White Brightening Cleanser - Mini review HERE. For some inexplicable reason I got tired of using this and ended up using the rest of it as a body wash. It empties pretty quickly after that ha ha :-) Think at the time I might have felt inundated with cleansers and sample cleansers and just wanted some of them to go away?? Still think it's a really nice cleanser though!
3. Garden of Wisdom Passion Fruit Seed Oil - Review HERE. I've since moved onto other oils and finished this bottle by adding it to my CeraVe Cream. I still have a couple of small bottles left.
4. Skin Beautiful Perfectly Spotless Serum - Didn't really notice a difference on my face, so I ended up finishing the bottle by using it on my hands. Will not repurchase.
5. Kate Somerville DermalQuench - Mini review HERE. I finished the bottle on my hands. Will not repurchase.
6. Rodin Crema Luxury Hand and Body Cream - Review HERE. Will not repurchase.
7. Kate Somerville Clinic To Go Resurfacing Pads - Finally finished the box! Mixed feelings on this one. If you are used to acids and stronger exfoliators on your face I'm not sure you'll notice much of a difference. They slightly stung and I mainly noticed they helped loosen dead skin and made it easier to remove via other exfoliating means. Not super impressed and will not be repurchasing.
8. Boscia Pore Refining Strips - Found these in the back of a drawer so finished the box off! They don't seem to do much for me so I won't be repurchasing.
9. La Mer Lip Balm - Review HERE. LOVE and will definitely be repurchasing at some point in the future after I've finished off a couple of other balms.
10. Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask - Review HERE. I'm onto my second box now!
11. Murad Acne Spot Treatment - This is a staple for me, and I've been through many tubes. Can't seem to find this on Sephora and some other sites, so I'm not sure if this has been discontinued? I have 2 more tubes that I purchased from Amazon.
Mr. G is very proud of his Empties and wanted to me to be sure to include the toothpaste :-)