Here they are…my top 5 skincare favorites and top 5 makeup favorites for 2013!!
While I still retain many favorites from 2012 (HERE), such as Kevyn Aucoin Celestial and the Rodin Lip Balm, this list is comprised of items discovered in 2013. Any that surprise you?!! Probably not LOL :-) But I still had fun trying to decide on things!!
***All items purchased by me. Links are non-affiliate links.***
1. Passion Fruit Seed Oil, reviewed HERE. After having tried so many oils this year, I'm really happy to have found one I'm so happy with and have been using for awhile. This has made a noticeable improvement in my skin, but most importantly it's one of the few oils that even after prolonged use still does not cause irritation.
2. Omorovicza Cleansing Foam, reviewed HERE. I'm well into my second tube of this and already have a third tube on deck. Everything I said in the review remains true…absolute love!!
3. Skin Beautiful Perfectly Spotless Serum. I featured this in my latest Skincare Routine (posted here) and have just started my second bottle. I was without this for about a week because I didn't order a backup before running out…oh, boy did I miss it!!! Though it's not a targeted moisture serum, it does help and my skin was a little drier without it. I also had a couple of spots that didn't seem to heal as well nor as quickly during that week, but now that I have it again I'm happy :-) Overall, my skin just seemed a little less bright, and a little more…splotchy?? More info is available here from the Skin Beautiful site.
4. LUSH Celestial Facial Moisturizer, reviewed HERE. Like the Passion Fruit Seed Oil, I'm so happy to have found something this year that I can layer over my face oil and doesn't cause clogs or irritation in the process. Think I'm on my 3rd or 4th tub? And it smells sooooo good...
5. L'Occitane Hand Cream. Despite my continual search for the perfect hand cream, I'm not sure why I keep looking when this one is so darn fantastic!!!! Deeply hydrating, not too greasy, absorbs quickly…most of all it keeps my hands soft and hydrated longer than anything I've tried so far.
You'll note the absence of the Guerlain Wulong compact, only because I wanted to keep the list with things that are still available :-)
1. Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow EX-11 Sumiredama from Spring 2013, reviewed HERE. I haven't worn this nearly as much as other shadows, but that's only because it's so difficult or laborious to obtain (read about it on this post from Claire @ From The Land of Lorp)…I'm already dreading the day I hit pan on any of the colors because I love it so much! The texture is phenomenal, and the colors in this quad are amazingly versatile for my needs. I feel I can do a variety of looks with just this palette…add on a liner and shadow stick and the possibilities are so many!!
2. Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Gracilis, reviewed HERE. Need I mention this anymore?? Beautiful color that instantly finishes my look. It's versatile with many other makeup colors, especially when applied over the RBR bronzer (#5). Plus, for traveling it's awesome…small and compact.
3. Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Glow Powder in At Goldcombe Bay, reviewed HERE. Though I haven't tried many bronzers, once I found this I didn't try any others this year. It's the perfect color for my skin tone…not too orange…not too cool…not too dark…just right! Texture is smooth and silky and blends beautifully.
4. Burberry Lip Mist in Field Rose, reviewed HERE. Aside from lip gloss, this is the color I've worn the most this year. It's the right hint of pink, without being too bright or too dull. Plus I love the Lip Mist formula - light, moisturizing and easy to apply.
5. Chantecaille Luminous Gloss in Pink Melon, reviewed HERE. This is still my favorite lip gloss formula, and this color is a wonderful pinky nude on me. It is moisturizing, not terribly sticky…most of all it has really good lasting power, especially for a gloss!
Happy New Year!!!
Love, Mr. and Mrs. Gummy