Yep, another set of reviews just sitting...waiting...so here they are in another edition of Back Burner Blast!! In case you missed the first one, you can check it out HERE :-)
Instead of doing individual reviews, here's a comparison review of these 3 loose powders...
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, $35/1oz
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2, $52/1oz
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Natural Lighting Powder, $42/.42oz
Laura Mercier is the least expensive per ounce, with Koh Gen Do being the most expensive...plus you don't even get a full .5 oz with the Koh Gen Do container, so up front it is around double the price! This is funny, given that KGD's container is the bulkiest and takes up more room than the others in my makeup bag!
* Chanel seems to be the most finely milled of the bunch, and it's always a pleasure to apply...feels like silky air going on my skin. Laura Mercier and Koh Gen Do are finely milled as well, but not as soft to the touch as Chanel. These 2 feel almost the same, with Koh Gen Do maybe a smidge behind Laura Mercier.
* None of these make my oily bits any more or less oily than before.
* These all set my foundation equally well.
* Laura Mercier gives more of a slightly powdery, very soft focus finish than the other 2. Chanel's finish is soft focus as well, but much more natural looking than Laura Mercier and is better able to diffuse light. I feel Koh Gen Do has the absolute best finish of the bunch - very natural, with a faint candlelight-y effect in the right light. Koh Gen Do makes my skin look like it's had the best night's sleep possible and is thanking me for it with a beautiful finish!!
* The Laura Mercier is the most 'translucent' of the bunch, and does not change my foundation color in the slightest. Chanel and Koh Gen Do, however, do change my foundation color to where it's a touch more peachy than whatever shade I'm wearing. It's one of those faint changes that only I notice, and even then I only notice it in certain light. Overall, it's not enough to keep me from repurchasing either one and I don't notice a difference when I'm not wearing foundation.
These are all really great loose powders, and if I didn't know any better I would be happy with any of the three!! Forced to choose, though, my hands down favorite is the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Natural Lighting Powder. I absolutely love the finish and that's why it made it onto my 2012 Beauty Favorites!!!
Have you tried any of these? What's your take?