Lost a little of my zest to use up samples this month, but at least I still managed to get through a few! Hopefully I'll be back on the bandwagon next month :-)
1. ARCONA Raspberry Clarifying Pads - Review Here. I stopped using these for awhile to try different things. I finished up the 1/2 container I had and realized they are really great for another use I didn't write in my review...they keep the little bumps on my legs and bikini line away!
2. Chanel Demaquillant Yeux Intense Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover - Sample. I've never used this before, but liked it a lot. I didn't feel as though it was nearly as oily as other biphase eye makeup removers. It rinsed off really easily and did not blur my vision. I also tried a sample of the Lancome Bi-Facil this month, but only used it once and couldn't stand to use it again. The Lancome seemed like an oily mess compared to the Chanel!!! I would consider purchasing a full size bottle of the Chanel if I didn't love Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water so much (review here).
3. Murad Acne Spot Treatment - Finished my first tube up early this month, and listed it in my 2012 Beauty Favorites (here)!! I'm on my second tube and absolutely love this stuff!!
4. SK-II Whitening Source Derm Revival Mask - 1 mask sample. This felt really soothing and hydrating. Other than that I did not see any difference, and I especially did not see any whitening or brightening effect. I think this is one of those products you would have to use on a regular basis to see any improvement, and use in conjunction with the rest of the SK-II brightening line. These masks are really expensive 10/$160...I can find cheaper alternatives that are soothing and hydrating.
5. Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum - Review here.
6. L 'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - Finished a sample size in November and now have several of the 1oz tubes stashed everywhere. Love the scent, love how moisturizing it is, love how soothing it is :-)
7. Avene TriXera Emollient Cream - Sample. Very moisturizing, but this felt really greasy and I only used it on my next. A little goes a long way though, and it seemed to take forever to get through this tiny sample! Will not purchase.
8. Aveda Hand Relief - Sample. This used to be one of my favorite hand creams, but seems merely OK now. It leaves me with a little bit of a greasy feel and isn't as moisturizing as I once thought. My hands feel thirsty afterwards...not a good sign. Will not be purchasing.
9. Brazilian Peel - Sample. I've used this a few times now - whenever I see Sephora giving it out as a sample I pick one up. Keep thinking it'll amaze me one day, but no...it never does. Maybe it's another one that you have to use on a consistent basis to see any real and lasting results? I won't be purchasing anytime soon to find out.
10. Kate Somerville Exfolikate - I've mentioned this many times now as an empty and on my 2012 Beauty Favorites. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...it's all that, plus tax...and a bag of chips!!!
The usual suspects...
1. Ok, normally this would be CeraVe Cream, but when I went to CVS to pick some up they were out of stock. Decided to give the CVS dupe a try. UGH. Absolutely, positively not close to being the same as CeraVe. This is more runny, not as moisturizing, doesn't keep hold the moisture as long and doesn't keep my skin as soft. Will not be repurchasing!!
2. Avene Thermal Water - I didn't go through as much this month, because I stopped 'rinsing' with this and instead went back to using regular tap water. I have seen no difference in my skin since going back to tap water, so I'll just keep doing that. I still love it as a mid day refresher, and I spray it on before applying moisturizer or any oils to keep as much water trapped in my skin as possible.
3. Shiseido Facial Cotton - Holy Grail item, and I've purchased this for many, many years!!! Once you try it you won't go back!!
Yay for empties!!! How did you do for January?