Every woman must have a little black dress. Every woman must have the perfect trench coat. Every woman must have a pencil skirt. Every woman must have a good pair of black heels.
Blah...blah...blah...I hate those lists!! Ok, there...I said it!!!
I'm not denying those are great items to include in your wardrobe, but I don't think they should necessarily form the basics of every woman's wardrobe. We all have different lifestyles and different needs. Plus, do you really want to look like everyone else?!!
I wear my Flight Attendant uniform to work, so I don't have a huge need for business attire. Fancy restaurants? Fancy parties? Rarely - so no need for cocktail dresses!! I live a very casual lifestyle, and the clothes in my wardrobe are a direct reflection. It doesn't mean I don't have a trench coat, heels or "that great white button down shirt"...they just aren't items I wear on an even remotely regular basis.
What do I reach for time and again? Here they are...!! :-)
1. White V-neck T shirt. I also have other colors, but reach for white the most.
2. Comfy Cardigan. I looooooove cardigans and have a ton of different colors, patterns and textures.
3. Diamond Solitaire Studs. I wear these 99% of the time. Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle even with the most casual outfit?!! Ha ha!!
4. Dark Wash Skinny Jeans. I prefer a dark wash.
5. Scarf. Scarves are a quick and easy way to liven up the most basic outfit. I tend to go for brighter colors.
6. Versatile Blazer or Jacket. I have several blazers and different jackets to mix and match. I get cold very easily and tend to layer a lot!
7.Classic Handbag. This is the J. Crew Brompton Hobo I've written about before. It's one of my favorite bags ever!! Yay!! I also have a sky blue tote and a tan shoulder bag I rotate with.
8. My Lips But Better Gloss. I'm a lip gloss junkie and am always on the lookout for the perfect neutral color.
9. Nude/Neutral Flats. When I'm not wearing black flats I reach for neutral tones with interesting details.
10. Black Flats. Oh, yes...I wear black flats all the time , but prefer styles with different textures and embellishments.
What are your basics????