Recap: April 2016
I used the same core group of products for April. Actually - think I've been using mostly the same products for the last couple of months, barring a few things I've been testing!!
***All products purchased by me or received as a personal gift. Links are non-affiliate. This is not a sponsored post.***
Here are those core makeup items for the past couple of months (or longer??), which shouldn't be a surprise ha ha!
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque, Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme in Tahini, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, Hourglass Arch Brow in Ash, Chanel Les Beiges in 20 (see how much bigger the PAN is?!!!), Chanel Les Beiges Multicolor in Mariniere, Tom Ford Frantic Pink (PAN getting bigger there too!!!), Chantecaille Ella Save the Wolves Cheek Shade (not swatched, but mentioned in the link).
2 products I tested out this month that I absolutely love : the NARS Satin Lipstick in Rosecliff and the new Surratt Surreal Skin Foundation Wand. Both are fantastic, but I especially love the Surratt foundation. I won't go into too much detail now (a review is coming), but I will say I think it's my new HG - since trying this I've changed my mind and probably won't be repurchasing the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation, as mentioned HERE (not that the TF was my HG, I just don't find a need for it now). The Surratt is THAT good!!!!
I finally decided to take the plunge and get some professional help to get rid of my sun damage. Without a prescription, I think I've pretty much plateaued and it's really annoying me that I can still see my pigmentation issues through makeup (I hate to go too heavy because that would just look yuck). I went for a consult and will be doing a series of 3 BBL (broadband light) laser treatments, along with 3 microdermabrasion sessions in-between. I'm really excited, nervous...but most of all hoping I can start using lighter coverage foundations with confidence.
I tried a number of skincare products, some new new and some that I've had for a bit but couldn't really decide what I thought (& still can't). All told, I'm just kinda meh on them. They aren't bad, but they didn't amaze me either (at least not yet). They don't warrant a post by themselves, but I wanted to at least mention them somewhere and get some feedback if you've tried them...
- Kate Somerville Exfoliate Cleanser - Nice general cleanser, but that's about it.
- Erborian Bamboo Matte Lotion - Didn't make my skin any less oily.
- Caolin Blackhead Steam Pore Pack - No difference with clogs or blackheads.
- Caolin Blackhead 02 Bubble Pore Pack - Makes my skin feel really fresh, but other than that I don't see any difference in clogs or blackheads.
- Oskia Renaissance Brightlight - Makes my skin a little bit luminous and somewhat adds moisture, but I haven't noticed any difference in pigmentation yet even after a solid 2 weeks of using it. I'll keep at it, but honestly if I don't see even a tiny amount of difference in 2 weeks I think that's not so great for me?? Part of that though might be that I feel I've plateaued, as mentioned above.
- Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream - Nice general moisturizer with a light feel and absorbs really well. And it's pretty reasonably priced considering its Sunday Riley! But I haven't noticed any brightening effects yet (again, part of that might be the plateau effect) and as a straight up moisturizer I prefer the Belif Moisturizing Bomb.
- Oskia Renaissance Mask - This feels more like a balm going on, but I still feel it tingle a little. It makes my skin soft and kinda glowy. But it clogs my pores so I have to cleanse afterward which defeats the purpose of a mask. If I didn't have to cleanse after I would like it.
Of course the Hourglass Ambient Lighting primers have caught my eye!! I'm also contemplating the new Burberry lippies, and the Charlotte Tilbury palette that just came out. But I'm not really dying to have any makeups - it feels so weird!!! But good???!!! Ha ha!
How was your April?