As mentioned in a previous post, I'm a sucker for nice packaging and personal touches. The first time I purchased Ceramic Slip I did so direct from the Sunday Riley site and received the above contents. I really enjoyed the gold tissue and little note, both prettily emblazoned with the Sunday Riley SR logo.
Also included were two sample packets, one each of Cashmere SPF30+ Sunscreen and Start Over Active Eye Cream.
The first line states this cleanser is for normal to combination skin types, and I would say that is very accurate. I am oily on my nose and chin, normal to dry/very dry everywhere else and this has been perfect for me. And I do mean perfect...this is my hands down favorite cleanser of all time!
However, for the sake of full disclosure, there was a short time when I thought Ceramic Slip might be drying me out a smidge - that's when I went on a rampage trying to find another cleanser to rotate it with...four in total. I did not like any of them except for another Sunday Riley cleanser, Charisma Creme (will be reviewed later).
After all that work, it dawned on me my toner might be to blame. So I switched to a much gentler toner, and found not only is Ceramic Slip amazing again but also some of my areas prone to acne are breaking out less frequently!!
The container has a twist dispenser. It locks and unlocks, which makes it great for travel and to keep in the shower.
Ceramic Slip is a lightly foaming cleanser, with a fairly runny consistency (see pics below). I've read several reviews claiming this doesn't foam, and if you use this with too much water (read: hands and face soaking wet) it barely foams. But when you find your
ideal ratio of product to water then this cleanser will foam up a quite a lot. My ideal ratio is two pumps of product along with a damp face and barely wet hands.
Occasionally you will see tiny black dots. That's the Black Pepper, which stimulates circulation.
Here's the skinny on the main ingredients:
* Refined French Green Clay: Tightens pores, removes impurities, and infuses skin with vital minerals.
* Vitamin C: Helps reduce the appearance of large pores, wrinkles, and discoloration while stimulating collagen growth.
* Black Pepper: Stimulates circulation for naturally warming cellular revitalization.
* Sandalwood: An anti-microbial agent that helps with skin irritation, inflammation, allergic conditions, and eczema; promotes radiance.
* Jasmine: skin soothing and restorative.
Anti-wrinkle, encourages the growth of new skin cells, tonic, astringent.
Many of these statements are results you won't be able to see with the naked eye, so I think this is one of those products that does more than you can pinpoint. What I have seen and felt is the following:
* My pores do appear smaller, especially the ones in my oily nose and chin area.
* This does not clog my pores, cause acne, nor aggravate existing blemishes.
* My skin feels soft and smooth after cleansing.
* My skin feels comfortable and not at all dried out.
* This is able to cut through the daily oil and grime without stripping my skin, and does not sting my eyes or irritate my eye area.
* I do find this very soothing the instant I apply this to my skin.
* This will remove light makeup, though for heavier applications I'd recommend a precleanse with a makeup remover.
And there is that almost inexplicable clean feeling I achieve with Ceramic Slip that I haven't found with anything else. Not squeaky clean, not stripped...a very natural and comfortable clean that makes me excited to wash my face twice a day! It just feels so good!! In fact, all those other cleansers I've tried lately were followed up with Ceramic Slip because I didn't like how they made my skin feel. This is absolutely my favorite cleanser. Period!!! :-)
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser ingredients:
Aqua (Water) + Montmorillonite (French Green Clay), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocopolyglucoside Tartrate, Sodium Cocopolyglucoside Citrate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Fruit Oil, Botswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil, Jasmine Officinale Oil, Santalum album (Sandalwood) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta